Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Delicious metallics

Whenever I make something with metallic clays I feel I want to use them in everything I make.  The mica adds such depth and character to the clay.  Just look at this veneer I made today. Anything I make with this will look interesting.  


It can take a while to develop some good techniques that work with mica clay.  Using a texture stamp to make a mica shift and then shaving off just the right amount of clay can be tricky and takes practice.  A really deep texture stamp is helpful. As you can see the design is really clear below.



Even simple mica shifts can add depth and interest.  The silver charm below was made using a ripple blade.


Pretty much anything you do with metallics will be fantastic.  Just mix a bit with any regular color clay and it will look delicious.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Polymer clay color palettes guaranteed to look great

As I practice making polymer clay pieces it becomes obvious that you need not only to choose great colors but the lightness should have so...