Sunday, April 5, 2020

Polymer clay color palettes guaranteed to look great


As I practice making polymer clay pieces it becomes obvious that you need not only to choose great colors but the lightness should have some contrast as well.  I sometimes make a lovely color palette but the colors all blend in the piece because they are too similar in lightness.  i.e. not enough dark vs light colors

As I continue to play and learn about using polymer clay colors I thought it would be great to have a resource for color palettes that anyone could use to make a stunning piece with.  Here are some of the palettes I love

Ecru (or beige) ,  turquoise and black - I just love how the ecru and turquoise create a green when blended.  Check out the Jessama tutorial here

Navy, turquoise and bronze

Alizarin crimson, blush and white

In general terms I think you cannot go wrong if you choose a bright primary type color and then use a light neutral and a dark neutral.  Here is my experiment with some scrap red, dark bronze and pearl mixed with a little bit of the bronze.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Polymer clay color palettes guaranteed to look great

As I practice making polymer clay pieces it becomes obvious that you need not only to choose great colors but the lightness should have so...